I have over the years sampled a number of French tarragon mustards and decided it was time to have an English one. This is a smooth, hot mustard with a slight peppery and anise taste given by the tarragon.
This is a personal favourite with numerous uses. Try it with seafood and poultry dishes.
Great Taste Bronze Award 2005
Allergens: All these products contain Mustard. Allergens in our recipes are also highlighted in bold.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Mustard Sauce with Shaken Oak Tarragon Mustard
This is a versatile sauce which can be used to enhance vegetable dishes or used on white meat and with fish dishes.
- 60g butter
- 2 tablespoons of plain/corn flour
- 300ml milk
- 3 tablespoons Shaken Oak Tarragon Mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a heavy pan over a high heat
- Stir in the flour and cook for a few minutes
- Lower the heat and pour in the milk slowly, stirring all the time
add the mustard, and then the salt and pepper
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then serve
- To really over-indulge, add some cream to the sauce just before it is served