Mustard with Herbs
This is another mild coarse-grained mustard infused with the flavours from mixed herbs.
A spoonful adds zest to soups and stews and adds flavour to pies and fish dishes.
Great Taste Silver Award 2003
Allergens: All these products contain Mustard. Allergens in our recipes are also highlighted in bold.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Steamed Cabbage with Mustard
- 1 medium sized firm white/green cabbage
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons Shaken Oak Herb Mustard
- A little water or white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove any damaged outer leaves from the cabbage and cut into quarters
- Cut out the core from each quarter
- Heat a heavy casserole dish and melt the butter
- Add the mustard and stir
- Add the water or wine
- Carefully place the quarters in the casserole dish, sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper
- Cover the casserole
- Reduce heat so the cabbage is steamed
- When the cabbage is just soft, stir and then serve.
This recipe goes well with casseroled meat and sausages!