Mustard with Chillies
A coarse-grain mustard with some bite!
The heat builds after tasting and lingers. A popular barbecue mustard and also a good ingredient in dips and sauces.
Great Taste Bronze Award 2002
Allergens: All these products contain Mustard. Allergens in our recipes are also highlighted in bold.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Braised Sausages With Sherry Vinegar and Shaken Oak Chilli Mustard
(Serves 4 or 3 if you feel really greedy!)
- 1 kg pork sausages (at least 80% Pork!)
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Shaken Oak Mustard with Chillies
- Olive oil
- 3 large onions
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 12 crushed juniper berries
- 4 bay leaves
- 800ml good vegetable stock
- Fry the sausages in the dish with the oil until they are golden brown all over. Set aside.
- Cut the peeled onions into quarters and let them cook slowly with the garlic in the oil until they are soft and pale.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C, 375F, gas mark 5.
- Stir in the crushed juniper berries and the bay leaves.
- Shake over the flour and stir into the mix for a few minutes.
- Pour in the sherry very carefully, add the stock and then the mustard.
- Return the sausages to the dish and bake in the oven until the onion sauce is bubbling.
- Mix in some more flour if there is still a need to thicken the sauce and continue to cook. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Serve with honeyed carrots (cooked al dente!) and creamy mashed potatoes.