Hot and Smooth Mustard
Hot and Smooth Mustard was our first smooth mustard introduced in 1998 and is made in the traditional English style using finely ground mustard flour with some turmeric added for colour.
The addition of honey softens the characteristic bitter edge of English mustard.
Hot and Smooth Mustard is another popular mustard and besides its usual use as a condiment it is an excellent ingredient in sauces.
Great Taste Silver Award 1999
Allergens: All these products contain Mustard. Allergens in our recipes are also highlighted in bold.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
This classic dressing is called French Dressing when Dijon mustard is used but with a few changes and the use of Shaken Oak Hot and Smooth Mustard, a lively and versatile vinaigrette can be made. It is important to change the proportions according to taste. This vinaigrette should be used to enhance salads, as a basis for marinades and to dress fish dishes.
- 1 teaspoon Shaken Oak Hot and Smooth Mustard
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon cider/wine vinegar
- 3 or 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the mustard, sugar/honey and vinegar into a paste
- Beat in the oil till it starts to thicken
- Season lightly with salt and pepper