Honey Mustard by Shaken Oak
This coarse-grain Honey Mustard with an instant sweetness that then gives way to slight heat.
It is a popular choice for those who like using mustards to coat meat and as ingredient in dressings and marinades.
Great Taste Gold Award 2001
Allergens: All these products contain Mustard. Allergens in our recipes are also highlighted in bold.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Chicken with honey mustard crust
- 3 tbsp Shaken Oak Honey Mustard
- Juice of 2 sweet oranges and a little grated rind
- Few drops of soy sauce
- Dash of sweet sherry
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 medium free-range organic chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black peppercorns to season
- Turn the oven to 200°C, 400°F or gas mark 6
- Place the mustard, orange juice, orange rind, soy sauce and sherry in a bowl and blend together
- Taste and add a little seasoning if required
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin and then spread the mix over the breasts
- Place chicken in the oven and cook according to weight, basting two or three times during the cooking process with the juices that run into the tin
- Remove cooked chicken from tin and keep warm. Place the roasting tray complete with juices on the hob of the cooker, raise the heat to high and stir in the flour once the juices begin to bubble.
- Keep stirring until the glaze begins to thicken
- Pour the glaze over the chicken and return the chicken to a very hot oven or grill to allow a crust to form
- Serve hot or cold with a mixed leaf salad