Arthur’s Peppercorn Mustard
While developing this mustard my son came into the kitchen and asked what I was going to
name it. Hence it is now named after him!
This is a smooth mustard made with finely ground black and coarse pepper. It has a strong and hot taste giving additional heat to dishes.
Great Taste Bronze Award 2005
Allergens: All these products contain Mustard. Allergens in our recipes are also highlighted in bold.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Mussels in a mustard and cream sauce
This gives mussels an additional bit of bite! Don’t forget to have plenty of wholesome bread to soak up all the juices.
- 2 kg cleaned mussels
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley and coriander
- 400 ml dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Shaken Oak Arthur’s Peppercorn Mustard
- 100 ml double cream
- Place the cleaned mussels in a saucepan
- Add the onions and herbs
- Add the wine, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the mussels are open
- Remove the mussels and keep warm. Discard any mussels that have not opened
- Mix the mustard into the cream and stir the mix into the juices left in the pan
- Season as required
- Heat till almost boiling, stirring all the time
- Place the warm mussels into bowls and pour over the sauce.